MBRRACE-UK Perinatal Mortality Surveillance
UK perinatal deaths for births from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021
State of the Nation Report
1. Reference tables
Stillbirth, neonatal, and extended perinatal mortality rates for the UK and devolved nations; demographic and risk factors; causes of death; population characteristics; organisational reporting.
Dataset published 14 September 2023
Download as MS Excel spreadsheet
2. Data viewer
Data viewer with interactive mapping, which presents stillbirth, neonatal, and extended perinatal mortality rates for organisations responsible for the commissioning and provision of health care and maintaining its quality.
Latest dataset published 14 May 2023.
3. Technical manual
The MBRRACE-UK Technical Manual contains full details of the MBRRACE-UK methodology, including:
- Methods for reporting perinatal mortality rates;
- Statistical methods used to calculate stabilised & adjusted mortality rates;
- Case ascertainment;
- Dataset generation;
- Data items reported to MBRRACE-UK;
- Definitions and abbreviations.
4. Previous MBRRACE-UK reports
MBRRACE-UK Perinatal Mortality Surveillance Reports for births in 2013 to 2020.
5. Additional resourcesUnderstanding ethnic inequalities in stillbirth rates: a UK population-based cohort study
Matthews RJ, Draper ES, Manktelow BN and others, on behalf of the MBRRACE-UK Collaboration. BMJ Open, 2022: Volume 12, Issue 2
Back to top